April Fools Pranks have their roots in small jests from the Middle Ages, but with the power of the internet you can now play an April Fool’s Day Joke on millions! There are a few repeat offenders every year that will be good to keep an eye on and I’ll try to update this post as I come across them. If you see something that isn’t listed, please leave me a comment!
ThinkGeek is my favorite, I love their fake products and I’m not the only one! Several of the fake products they have created for April Fool’s Day have been in such high demand that they’ve actually created them! My favorite this year is the Rosetta Stone – Kilingon:
Google always has a strong showing, it seems that the different departments even compete with each other so keep an eye on all your favorite Google Products:
- Maps – Become a Pokémon Master with Google Maps
- Gmail – The Gmail Shelfie! With a new working trending selfie theme!
- Others – See the round up at The Next Web
- Adsense joins the fun too, I’m making a few cents on traffic from Europa it seems:
Even if Facebook the company doesn’t do anything you’re going to see LOTS of jokes from companies looking for Likes
The Prankster’s at Woot don’t usually need a special day to cause trouble, but that doesn’t mean they won’t take advantage of it. Take a look at their want ad for a new copy editor!
6. Fark.com has the front page pointing to stories from a decade ago, and is making me feel old.
7. XKCD has a choose your own adventure up. Should be good, last year’s comic ‘Time’ was epic. UPDATE: Looks like it is as epic as i expected, it’s an Internet wide choose your own adventure/wiki like mash up. The title is Lorenz – named after the American mathematician known for his work describing the ‘Butterfly Effect’ and laying the foundation for Chaos theory. (Source Wikipedia)
I’m sure there will be more, enjoy and be sure leave a comment with your favorite or any that aren’t covered! And while you wait you can always Prepare for April Fool’s 2015!