April Fool’s Day pranks know no bounds and you’ll find them all over the web today, here are some of my favorite from the sites I regularly visit. I’ll try to update as I come across more today.
ThinkGeek: Always one of my favorite sites, the top banner advertises Wii Sports for the iPhone and it only gets better from there…
- The NSA Mega Encrypted Tee – This is a “real” product for April Fool’s Day. Free with orders of $20 or more!
- Personal Soundtrack T-Shirt
- Spazztroids – Caffeinated Cereal
- Betamax to HD-DVD Converter
- Defensius – Labyrinth Lock
- Super Pii Pii Bros
- p-Teq – USB Pregnancy Test Kit
- ZapCam – YouTube Tazer
Google: The search giant gets in on the fun too…
- Virgle Pioneer – “Earth has issues, and it’s time humanity got started on a Plan B. So, starting in 2014, Virgin founder Richard Branson and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin will be leading hundreds of users on one of the grandest adventures in human history: Project Virgle, the first permanent human colony on Mars.” (be sure to apply!)
- Google Wake Up Kit – “The “wake up” notification uses several progressively more annoying alerts to wake you up. First it will send an SMS message to your phone. If that fails, more coercive means will be used. The kit includes an industrial-sized bucket and is designed to be connected to your water main for automatic filling. In addition, a bed-flipping device is included for forceful removal from your sleeping quarters.”
- GMail Custom Time – Set the time on your e-mails to anytime (min of April 1 2004 when GMail launched) Only 10 custom time changes a year so use them wisely!
If that’s not enough for you then make sure to check out AprilFoolsDayOnTheWeb.com