If you are using Spottt on a WordPress blog you’ll have to insert the code that Spottt gives you to embed into your theme’s sidebar code. This is hardly user friendly. so I decided to put together the Spottt WordPress Widget for WordPress blogs that support widgets. Bookmark this post for updates!
The current version is 0.5 and is still in ‘beta’ but I have it running on Polled.info if you want to confirm it works.
Better documentation will follow but for now you just need:
- Download the widget
- Unzip and upload to your plugins folder
- Active the plugin
- Under Presentation -> Widgets drag the spottt ad where you want it
- Click the little notepad icon on the widget admin to edit the settings
- Title: Name the sidebar section, or leave blank for no title section
- Spottt ID: This is that long string of letters and numbers in the ‘Embed’ code
- Press Enter to save and check your site for the ad!