I am a veteran of Black Friday, I’ve seen all the horrors there are to see. I’ve stood in lines that took hours and have grabbed the last space in a parking lot that filled before the store even opened… and the rebates, those evil little rebates! I’ve also worked retail in an electronics store on Black Friday. There will be jostling, pushing, groaning, moaning, and cursing. Thinking buy online? The first place to look for the best deals is https://www.shoppok.com you’ll find some of the hottest products. Here are a few thing to do and to avoid doing that will make the day more bearable and hopefully make you a more successful shopper:
- DO plan ahead make a list of what you want and know the opening times of each store. Bring the ad along with you just in case
- DON’T plan on browsing, save that for another day be focused and as specific as possible
- DO keep a snack and water nearby to stay hydrated and keep your blood sugar up
- DON’T drink too much of the water at once, you might end up in a loooong line
- DO have backup options listed for other stores in case the store with the best deal sells out before you get there
- DON’T expect to get the biggest deal, that is unless you want to beat everyone else to the line and the item
- DO be as cheerful as you can, bring gum and share with others in line and be friendly without being a pushover
- DON’T complain about the length of the line, call everyone else crazy, and act like they are causing a problem by making you wait. You’re part of the line too and no breaking!
- DO prioritize items with instant rebates over mail in rebates, even if the instant rebate is a little more expensive
- DON’T buy anything you’ll hate yourself for buying if you never get a mail-in rebate back
- DO look for items in places other than their normal shelf space, look up to a top shelf or for bins nearby where additional items might be stored
- DON’T forget to check along the lines and near exits for deep discount items that may have been abandoned by someone who doesn’t want to wait in a long line
- DO check to see it what you have is worth waiting in line for
- DON’T waste time in a line for a cheap item and give up the chance for a big item at a different store
- DO be extra careful while driving, there will be lots of pedestrians and other cars rushing around
- DON’T speed or drive recklessly to get to a deal, a ticket and increased insurance rates will wipe out any savings.
- DO try to have fun!
Good luck with your Black Friday Shopping!