Content timing control can be a pain, if you have a big announcement and want everyone to have the link ahead of time then you have to coordinate publishing time of the content yourself. There ought to be an easier way and that’s where WhenGuard comes into play with their jitlinks (just in time links). You can publish your content whenever you have it ready and then schedule it’s release with WhenGuard’s simple and easy to use interface, you’ll get a link that goes to a countdown page until your specified time, when the link becomes a redirect to your URL. I use WordPress’s ability to schedule content all the time, but it’s not that easy for some publishers, here are a few recommended uses from the WinGuard FAQ:
- Online Surprise Party Invitations
- Delay the release of personal info on classified ads
- Bloggers can time privileged info to release with the press release
- Public Relations professionals can distribute a Press Release URL ahead of time
- Teachers can publish tests, notes, or assignments and students will only know where to look when it’s appropriate
- Set a date and time that’s already passed for a tinyurl-like service.
I’m sure there a ton more uses that a creative person could come up with, including publishing contest clues, etc. This is a simple, easy to use, and very effective tool. I suggest you bookmark it and make use of it!